Evaluation
I used the news beat article as my stimulus to
get into this induction project. This helped and informed me on how the media
work. The stimulus I was given by my teacher help me to highlight areas I need
to understand more about and highlighting, annotation the sheet help with
research and ideas for my project. I had done all my own independent research
using the internet which referred me to websites such as:
Journalistic
and Writing Skills
The research information I found out from
typical website that I have included above help use a method of selective
writing and analysis the way journalist write, this information helped me to
write up my own article in a more professional way and I was a challenging
piece because it was my first time doing this type of work.
The type of publication format that I chose was
a mixture of GQ magazine and Vibe which is a bit of music magazine but that can
still have the look of be sophisticated. My target audience is young adults and
working people. As I was writing this article I included my own views on the
topic of my creative writing and engage with my audience a bit more. I have
used first person to show my opinions as a journalists of the topic and shared
my views with the reader.
In
Design
My previous publishing experience was from
using Windows Microsoft Publisher. In Design was a new challenge due to the
fact that I have never used this program before, this gave me an opportunity to
explore and experiment on this software. The skills I learnt from this was:
creating a text box, adding colour to the background, inserting/resizing
images, align pages so that the page will have a crease in the middle as if
it’s a magazine, margins and creating columns.
Finishing producing my magazine I was able to
analyse my weakness and strengths.
Web
Publishing
For me to be able to submit my work I had to
setup a blogger account on Google mail which I already had. I had to export my
magazine into a JPEG (an image file) from InDesign so that I would be
compatible to go on my blogger. I had a few problems in upload my work onto
blogger because I the firewalls I had to
go through but it was resolved in the end
Audience
Feedback
Kordel
(kordeljohnson@gmail.com
|
Positive feedback
|
Negative Feedback
|
|
þ The colour
scheme is sophisticated
|
ý The font size is quite small - it could’ve been
bigger.
|
|
þ The
arrangement is HOT.
|
|
|
þ Images are
clear and a reasonable size.
|
|
|
Positive Feedback
|
Negative Feedback
|
|
þ Liked the
layout.
|
ý The font size is quite small - it could’ve been
bigger
|
|
þ Healthy amount
of pictures (not too many & don’t take up the page.)
|
|
|
þ Nice colour
co-ordination.
|
|
|
þ Paragraphs
spaced out well.
|
|
|
þ Italic on ‘softly’
emphasizes on the word
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment