Thursday, 22 November 2012

Magazine Propsal

Objective

VYBZ's objective is to serve a Hip-Hop and R&B fans the latest information about upcoming artists. It will also get music producers and music labels to discover new talent on from the magazine.

The title of my publication will be VYBZ which is related to people who are music freaks. I had created other names for magazine such as:
Sound

      Voice

-   DOPE (a form of colloquial language)

·         VYBZ

 
I chose VYBZ as it’s different and creative in compare to other magazine mast heads. I wanted a name that will appeal to young people and possibly make up a new slang word that will start a new trend. I used this word as it sounds like a word that the black community will use.


Chosen Musical Genre

My chosen music genre is Hip house,Rap, Grime, RnB etc,  which is mixture of house music and hip-hop. This is a new type of genre which has a growing popularity in the United States in the early 2010s.The style rose to prominence during the 1980s in New York and Chicago. The type of artists I will include in my magazine will be Azealia Banks, Queen Latifah, Fast Eddie, ChrisBrown, Stooshie etc In my magazine will add updates of recent interviews of music artists.

 
What makes my magazine different?

 I wanted my magazine to be unique from others expect the fact that there isn’t a music magazine. First, I had wanted my magazine to be different by, including information of music sensations and most viewed artists on youtube within the genre, however anyone people can find out the most viewed acts on youtube act by looking at their homepage. Research on that idea, I had changed my mind about it and thought that I can make my magazine different by providing information of upcoming artists.I will also provide their information so that people can check their music out on sites, for example Youtube which is the most well known video sharing site to discover new talent.

 
Design Features

The design features that may be used in my magazine:

Semiotics – semiotics include denotation and connation.

Denotation will give the audience an obvious meaning (what you can see)

Connation will have a hidden meaning (symbology)

A large and bold mast head which can be seen from a long distance – if the mast head or front cover can be seen from a long distance, it can grab the audience’s attention to go closer to the magazine to see what’s interesting about the magazine that caught their eye.

Images will be on the front cover, contents page and double page spread. There should be a form of constancy, whether it’s the size of the images used, font size and colour scheme. There will be a colour scheme inside the magazine, preferably the colours used in the primary colour wheel. Using a colour scheme shows a form of professionalism, it serves a mean of communication medium. A colour scheme also helps improve presentation and advertisement.


 
The publishing company

A well suited publisher would be Bob Guccione’s company, who publish Spins’ magazine. The company publish different types of genres due to the fact of their previous genre they used to publish.

 
Target Audience

I had done research on the magazines Rolling stones and Spin about their target audience and their popular age group that reads their articles. The most popular age group that read their magazine is from 16- 25.

I’m going to aim my magazine at both genders and at middle class people who are able to buy the magazine and who are more likely to buy it
 

No comments:

Post a Comment